Monday 13 May 2013

The Design Ideas.

My plan when creating my design ideas is to create bespoke, one off pieces that are one large composition. I want to do this because I obviously prefer working this way and I don't like always working in repeats. I believe that working with one whole composition allows you to show off your embroidery skills in every way you choose and that isn't always as easy when dealing with repeat patterns.

At the start of this module I had three collections but now I am down to two collections instead. I am only designing for two collections now because I am looking to manage my time effectively and if i want to do embroidery in my work then I can't give myself too much work with not enough time.

I am designing my Beatriz Milhazes inspired collection to suit the outcome of a throw and my embroidered florals collection will be geared towards a bedding outcome.

So... Let's get designing!

No comments:

Post a Comment