Thursday 1 November 2012

The Unexpected Target.

I was checked on during the fourth week for what I was working on, the tutors saw my A1 sheet I was still plodding on with and concluded that it was a kind of design. I was given the task of producing another ten for the upcoming week.

I was also advised to backtrack by doing some simple studies that didn't have a design quality and create some experimentation sheets with basic geometric shapes.

I had a lot to be getting on with and by the end of the week this is what I had...

A1 Sheet

This is a combination of simple geometry and my floral starting points. It is definitely a simple sheet when compared to the other one and I really like it, but it still has I think, a design quality. I just can't help myself. 

A1 Sheet

Here I have created a simple repeat using silhouettes of simple stylised florals. 


A2 Sheet

This is actually 2 A2 sheets, the underneath layer acts purely as a background. I have used a craft knife to create the inverse operation on either side of the page; one side is missing the inner section and the other is missing the outline sections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment