Monday 22 October 2012

The Beginning.

Over the summer period before i started my final year i began collecting primary and secondary sources relating to my theme.

My primary research consists of flowers. I wandered around my local town centre taking photographs of the floral aspects in gardens, hanging baskets, on the road side etc. I went and asked permission to photograph flowers in any local florists too. To draw from life I bought a few bunches of different flowers from a supermarket so I could draw from various viewpoints.

Secondary sources came from books and the internet, looking at several artists for inspiration and also finding other floral imagery that are maybe more stylised. Geometric research has come from a selection of secondary sources.

This research together makes up my starting points. I intend to experiment with these ideas both seperately and in combinations as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment