Thursday 28 February 2013

The Stylised Worksheets.

These, as you probably can tell, are inspired by the works of Beatriz Milhazes.

Once I have drawn a composition of geometrics and florals I have overlaid different sized squares/rectangles to create a sort of abstract patchwork effect.

Here are some examples of what I have done so far...




To create the abstract effect I was looking for whilst including the idea of patchwork, I started to paint differently in each box a different way. For instance, using a stencil or outline effect and still managing to keep the floral composition clear. 

I am really happy with the way these compositions have turned out and my next step of this collection is to transfer these ideas into stitch before coming up with some interesting design ideas that are suitable to a specific soft furnishing product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment