Thursday 28 February 2013

The Final Semester!

This is it, the final stretch. What to develop as collections?

I decided that 3 collections would be made from the work of semester 1.

1. The Beatriz Milhazes inspired collection.
Using my work from last semester as a basis, the simple geometrics and stylised florals will become the main feature in this collection. I am looking to incorporate regular patchwork as well whilst still showing an abstract quality.



These are some aspects that will be developed into final ideas.

2. The Jigsaw Collection inspired by M.C.Escher.
This idea will consist of several of the flowers I abandoned last semester and the offset leaf pattern I touched on also. The cutwork geometrics will also be a part of this collection but at the moment i don't see them being a prominent feature because it is difficult to include them in design. My patchwork idea in the form of jigsaw pieces will be explored and hopefully I will be able to create some interesting and unique compositions.



Here are some examples of what will be happening in this collection.

3. The Linear Collection?
This collection will be made up of three flowers I used most regular in last semesters work and that work will be developed further this semester with further research.




Do you remember these flowers?
My plan is to develop these differently into finished products.





No comments:

Post a Comment